Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I’m The Art Director of The Knot Magazine And This Is My Wedding

Designing and crafting in my spare time has always been something I enjoy, so our wedding became an excuse for me to do lots of creative projects. Translation: lots of trips to the craft store and a few late nights! I designed everything from our letterpressed invitation suite with a watercolor envelope liner, to the table name cards that were displayed in pomegranates. Our guests loved their sea-salt caramel favors in festive paper wrappers and I even designed our wooden cake toppers to look like us.
In addition to all of my design projects, I had a few wedding must- haves in mind from the start: a wedding dress with sleeves, a croquembouche wedding cake (even though I’m not French, I adore them) and my two godchildren participating as ring bearer and flower girl- all in the photos below! I also knew that when it came to photography I wanted a mix of both black and white film (for that soft, dreamy feeling) and color digital shots. Our photographer, Meg Matyia, captured all the special moments with her talented eye. She used a few different cameras, including a Holga, Rolleiflex and Leica, to give us a beautiful variety of timeless images that feel like us.
We exchanged our vows at Sacred Heart Church and then celebrated with our friends and family at the White Beeches Golf and Country Club — both in my hometown of Haworth, New Jersey. Looking back now, I can say it was a dream day (complete with gorgeous weather) that Greg and I will remember forever! Enjoy our photos below and see more here!

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog


Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog

Meg Matyia Photography / The Knot Blog
From The Knot Weddings magazine Summer issue, on stands now!
Want More? Of Course You Do!
> Pickup The Knot magazine summer issue for more real wedding inspiration!
> Check out this gorgeous “first look” photo shoot in Grand Central Station
> 13 pretty ways to wrap your bouquet



from Ausome Social Feed Digest V1.2 - free version http://ift.tt/1kdDomy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment